Saturday, December 31, 2011

TARDIS table lighter

I built this TARDIS table lighter, over the course of the last month, or so. I was really happy (and surprised) with how well it turned out.

I might make more to sell, although I am as yet undecided. If you're a smoker, or would otherwise be interested in buying a table lighter, and are a Doctor Who fan, I'd appreciate any input (via private message, so as not to skew others' opinions) as to what you think you would be willing to pay for such an item. I'm not asking for any sort of commitment; it's not a 'bid'. I'd just like to gauge whether or not I would be able to charge enough for these to make building more worth my while.

I probably spent around 75 hours on this, although a lot of that time was redundant, trying to figure out the best way to accomplish various aspects of the construction.

The photo descriptions are getting cut off in the embedded album, so if you care to read them, you can access the album on imgur directly here.

Now that I'm done with this, I'm looking for a new project. If you have any ideas, post them in the comments. (Or, if you'd like to commission something PM me.)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment